Wednesday, August 09, 2006

windows are great...

i love windows, and that is not a reference to pc operating systems manufactured by microsoft, i'm talking about the kind that i get to look through from my new edit suite. i've been working the new job for 3 days. day 1 i stayed until 8:30. day 2 10. today... its 6 now and i'm on my way out. there's a lot to be done, and its only going to get more busy. its a good thing (martha stewart voice). i really do love doing this kind of work and i'm loving the new company. the clients talk to me when they come in. jokes are made, people laugh, my boss is always here later than me working his arse off. its a good place. but again i like the windows. my windows overlook the prairie fire grill (think thats what its called). i can see the fosters beer sign all day long. i also have some nice trees with little white flowers on them that meet me at eye level in my second floor edit haven. the view is not always great though, today i saw a lady crying on the bench right underneath the fosters sign. she had a wedding ring on her finger so i assumed the guy that was trying his best to not deal with her was her husband. eventually he walked away, shortly she followed. i wondered what she was doing with him. maybe he isn't such a bad guy. she could be pretty mean herself. who knows? either way it made me sad for the two of them. maybe happier things will be there for me to observe and create my own scenarios for tomorrow. if not there are still the trees for me to smile at.

8 comments:

G. Twilley said...

For accuracy's sake, that's actually Fire Water Grill. Prarie Fire is next to where I work. I wrote it to you in e-mail, but I must say (for the benefit of others) that your work's website is way cooler than your old work's website. Everyone should check it out!

jeff said...

Jason, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new work environment, sounds like you have more opportunity to expand.

Amanda said...

I'm glad that Martha made it to the post.

Also glad you like your new job. The windows much be a nice change from the bat cave.

Ginny said...

I liked this post.

It's a good thing.

susan said...

I think that most men don't know what to do when women cry. They really want to know what to do, but it's hard to figure out and there isn't a formula. If you plug in the wrong variable, it just makes things worse. I'm glad that I didn't have to marry a girl. Men just tell you what bugs them and what you should do to make it better. You do and then it is.
And them you go get ice cream.


Su.

Rick said...

Jason, you could come over to our apartment and play Halo and look out of our window. It even has a sliding glass door and a balcony!

katie said...

jason, glad you're enjoying working so hard, or looking out your window. i haven't told you, but i love the look of your blog... if only i could be so cool...

Rick said...

Jason...blog!