Friday, March 06, 2009

inspiration...

I like making stuff... I rarely do it outside of work. Work typically takes it out of me, so the thought of sitting down and spending long hours at home in front of my computer typing code, pushing pixels or trying to make music is usually pretty unappealing. Especially when I consider all the other things I could do with said hours. But... recently I've found myself wanting that time at my computer... wanting to make something I can care about. I like that feeling.

I found this site today and have watched several of the interviews... Rob Chiu, Chris Hewitt and Mate Stienforth in particular.

Last night I went to dinner with a bunch of folks and heard a guy talk about a lot of semi-heady stuff. What's sticking out the most is heroism. How we need heroes so that our imaginations can be engaged; to cause us to aspire to be more tomorrow than we are today. I've got some new heros now, maybe thats why I feel more inspired.


1 comment:

lana bear said...

I like this idea, of needing Heroes. I definitely lost my creative, imaginative side when i got super busy with school + work a few years ago. I've never gained it back. I want to find a hero that inspires me to be more crafty!