Tuesday, April 07, 2009

friends...




So I've been to Good Karma Cafe twice in the last few days with Haley, to visit our friend Carolyn who is the newest barista there (I think if you tell go in and tell her you read about this on my blog, you might just get a discount... but don't hold me to it.)

Anyway... both times I've gone, friends I haven't seen in a while stopped me to say hello. Sunday on my first trip to share some biscuits and strawberry jam with Carolyn (both home made... Haley is developing her own jam recipes) my friend Matt stopped and said hello. Then tonight while dropping by before going to another friend's show... Steve Speir bikes by and yells "Jason Harmon!!" He recognized my hair.

Then at the show, just a few minutes before we were ready to leave another new friend came by and sat down to talk for a few minutes.

I love being known. It feels so nice to go places and have people stop to talk to you. It happened all the time in Birmingham, I'd been there a while and felt like I knew everyone so I was never surprised... but here it feels so serendipitous. I like it.

6 comments:

Casey said...

Oh, man, it's totally serendipitous.

mcclure adoption said...

i KNOW. i used to hate hearing, "hey amy..." sometimes, but i really miss it now. it's happened a few times here lately and i totally understand the sweetness of it. thanks for sharing!

susan said...

I think, but I'm not sure, that the strawberry patches will be open when you and Haley are here. I know that I'm going to jam myself stupid this summer because I was too pregnant last summer. (And this summer, I will be pretty pregnant, too. Just not as much.)

G. Twilley said...

a beautiful thing!

carolyn said...

i like that i'm noted in this blog...it does make me feel special.
but seriously..i love seeing people i know in philly, it makes it seem less big and more and more like home...weird.

Unknown said...

Yeah friend, it is nice to be known in the city! Loved seeing you Sunday, even though I had to run off.