Tuesday, October 04, 2005

change

Last thursday fall came to birmingham. That is the exact prhase that came to my head and was echoed and therefore confirmed by several friends. I love fall. I wish it had stayed in birmingham longer than a day...but I know it will return soon. There seems to be a certain attitude present in people during seasonal changes. I can't help but think that its because somewhere deep down in all of us we are hardwired to desire change. I started reading another Don Miller book. He puts is so much better than I ever would. He says that change seems to be Gods way. We change from boys, to men, students to workers. Change is good and the seasons remind us of that. Weather we realize it or not, they are telling us to change with them. I think that accounts for the special energy in people now. I want to change, to be in motion, to really live, not just exist.

"We are shaped by our experiences. Our perception of joy, fear, pain, and beauty are sharpened or dulled by the way we rub against time."- Don Miller

I feel Ive not rubbed time the right way for much of my life. Its times like these that make me want to get out and sharpen my senses with today.

No comments: