Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Victories and Defeats...Atlanta round 2

Well, Im in Atlanta again. Seems that the only time I have things to say on here is when Im away from home. Well I was all excited about coming out here this time because I was going to get to go see my favorite band Coheed & Cambria, on Halloween night (or All Saints Eve for all my fellow Reformers) at the Tabernacle...an old church turned to happenin music venue. Well...thanks to ticketmaster I didn't get that chance. Tickets were $20. No problem, well worth the money. BUT ticketmaster wanted to tack on an extra $15 for "convienence"...f-that. Thats what I said. "I'll just get a ticket at the door," I think. "Surely they won't sell out," I think. Wrong on both accounts...defeat.

Oh well. It would have been a great show, but Im really not all that mad about it. I found the place no problem...thats a victory. I drove around downtown ATL...which is pretty cool actually...victory. And since I couldn't go to the best show of the year, I decided to passify myself with IKEA.

I successfully navigated my way from downtown to the store...no mapquest at that, and I found my way in...VICTORY. I called a few friends just to warn them that the next time that they would see me I would be so much cooler than them because I was going to buy some rugs and sheets that best defined me as a person. Well I wandered the 15 acres of Sweedish stylistic bliss and made some thrifty, yet fun, selections...victory..eventhough it sounds gay.

I got in line to pay. Then got out of line when I saw the large "As Is" room...the IKEA thrift store! I strolled it for a second then got back in the same line. Upon opening my wallet to pay for my selections, it hit me. I remembered taking out my credit card, debit card, and most of my cash and hiding it amongst my socks and underwear in the hotel...defeat. I was planning on a great night of Progressive Rock in a sketchy part of town, and possibly being mugged. I however had not planned on living the fashion concious consumer dream at IKEA. Oh well, since I didn't have all that much anyway I removed one item and payed with the cash that was intended for a ticket, parking, and perhaps a t-shirt to always remember the great Haloween prog-rock concert, that I didn't get to go to....defeat.

No comments: