Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Full apartment.

Well got an apartment full of guys now. If only I were gay it would be a dream come true. Just my luck, such is not the case. I really wasn't looking forward to have all those folks there. Earlier this week I was thinking how much I'd like to live alone again. Im a pretty selfish guy. I was pretty much out of it the first week or so that everyone was back. I just wanted my space, my quiet, to watch my tv when I wanted and to have access to my xbox so I could play football whenever the desire struck me. But slowly Im coming around. It was weird just last night I was sitting there talking to Jeff and honestly I'd never felt more at home. Its quite the opposite of what I expected. I expected that when everyone moved in that I would have less life to be lived in the apartment. Less space, less access to the pottie, more dishes to wash, and more trips to the grocery store. That may be true but I have more life. Ive said it before but there really are things about me that only certain people can bring to life, and with all my roomates there I feel more whole that when Im alone. I have less space to live, but more life in me. Its a strange thing, but its true. We are a people that must live in commuinity, and when we do we start to really live. Im sure I could survive on my own, and next week Im sure I'll want to give that a try again, but I don't think I can live as a whole person without my friends. Im glad they're there, and Im a better person because of it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So much posting all at the same time! Its been a while ... I'm glad to see it. I wanted to hear more about Pop and Granny's ceremony the other night, but we didn't get to discuss it ... glad it was such a good experience. Tell me more later.

And I love this post. This is exactly how I feel about certain people in my life. Thanks for putting it into words.