Tuesday, March 28, 2006

How do you get an elephant in a SafeWay bag??

...just take the f out of way and put him in the middle. Wait...there's no f in way!!
Yep that's what I said, "NO F'N WAY!!" But I said it slightly under my breath as my heart headed toward my feet....and I didn't abbrieviate anything.
I had this uneasy feeling all yesterday afternoon. Its strange. I mean it happens enough I suppose, as much as anyone else as far as I can tell, but yesterday I was especially uneasy. I didn't have much to do at work so I just looked at houses online. (I'm thinking of trying to buy a house.) I found one that interested me over in Avondale. Its probably less than a mile from work. So after I got off of work going over there was all I could think about. I tried to occupy myself by thawing some chicken for dinner and playing guitar and dragging my feet around the apartment, but it didn't work. At 5:24 I was waiting at the redlight at university and 29th. I went, found the place, got out and looked at it; smaller than I imagined, but actually kinda cool. Well I was already out of the apartment, the hard part was past, so I figured I'd just drive around over in that area to see if I could find anything else for sale. I drove around few block area once and ended up agian at the house I saw online. So I drove again trying to take a different turn. I did. As I drove up 6th Ave. I saw a huge house with a for sale by owner sign on it. I turned quickly so I could swing around and take another look. I pulled up to the stop sign, the house now on my left. And across 6th standing on the corner with a dog in her arms stood Micah Martin, not only noticing me also, but waving for me to come over and talk to her.

So I eased my car through the intersection, looking neither to my right or to my left, only straight ahead, and then an 18 wheeler smashed the side of my car and my face slid across the pavement, leaving a trail of blood and intestines in front of the house that was so cool....nope, thats kinda what it felt like at first though. I did start to ease through with out looking, but then the rules that all good motorist follow came rushing back to me and I stopped before pulling out infront of some old lady. Once both lanes were clear I reluctantly proceeded across the road to see how all this was going to turn out.

Well Im not good at long stories being told in short form, and most people who will read this may not know the history between Micah and myself, but to sum it up....we talked. We talked for an hour or so I suppose, maybe two. I could tell she was pretty thrown off by the whole thing, she was real talkitive...thats how she gets when she's nervous / uneasy. I wasn't. I was pretty quiet, withdrawn, and found myself searching for stuff to say that would make me not look stupid, thats what I do when I'm nervous / uneasy. Even taking into account the complete and total weirdness of the situation, it was pretty normal. She wanted to know about all the people she'd made friends with that after we stopped seeing eachother (or whatever we called it) she hadn't gotten to see anymore. I didn't have too many questions for her though. More stuff that I'd like to say, an apology mostly. Anyway, she asked me to call her. I know I will. When you stop seeing someone people always say, "I'd still like to be friends." Its common break up courtsey. But now, almost 4 years later, I think I actually mean it. I was absolutely freaked out when I saw her and walked though the house that she and 3 girls are renting, and sat on the couch and played with the dog with her. But Im glad I could, more than glad, thankful. Its not often that people get the chance to put the past behind them, forgive each other, and be friends. I think we can do that.

2 comments:

Amit said...

Hey Jason,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my page. Well what you write is always worth publishing because that stuff is real and happeneing. However when I write, it is uaually a sphegetti of reality and imagination and if that kind of stuff is not good/interesting enough to read then I better not publish them. No wonder I need to comedown my high horses and control my blogging urges! lol! Hey when are we going to hang out/ play tennis / racquetball?

jeff said...

Jason,
That's pretty providential to say the least. Thanks for posting that so that I could share the excitement with you.