Wednesday, March 22, 2006

a strange feeling...


Feeling a little strange, nothing really, but just thought I'd write a few random thoughts.
I ate breakfast with an old friend this morning. It was mainly so he could ask me to be on his support team (he has to raise his own salary). He's going to work with a campus ministry in Orlando. It was good. I was honest and told him that I'm mixed about this ministry and just a few months ago told another friend (asking for support) that I couldn't happily support what he was getting in to. The thing is, I really love both these guys, but have a hard time seeing eye to eye with what they are getting in to. I agree with the big picture...living intentionally, and giving your life to others. I just feel a deep disconnect in how I see that fleshing out and how this ministry fleshes that out. And I suppose I just can't come to terms with the possiblity of there maybe being more than one right answer. Now I feel like either they are right, or I am...or a third more probable option, neither of us are. (I tend though to lean toward me being right...but that's another story) Who knows?? I need to gather my thoughts better before writing more about that disconnect, but I will one of these days. For now more random stuff.

So I couldn't take a shower last night because my tub is super stopped up. A friend came over and we successfully pushed the clog so far down the drain, by the relentless force of an hour and a half of straight plungering, that now when I brush by teeth water comes up the tub drain. Kind of a neat party trick I suppose, but not fun when it comes time to clean up after those few hours of plunging. Im going to call the land lord in a few minutes and see if we can't get it taken care of, or at least pass the problem to him...after all Im just renting the place, why should I care that the tub doesn't drain.

Also I added a link to my links tab on this joker. My buddy Allen does some rad stuff and he has a flikr page so everyone can go look at that junk. So click on Allens Flikr for some sho nuff bad-assed-ness.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

that's right ... you're only renting. screw it.

allen really is a bad ass.

Amanda said...

Like the new picture!