Monday, October 09, 2006

still makin it...

i figured i'd better write something on here before i lost all readership. (i actually don't think many people read to begin with but anywho...)

i've actually written a good bit lately. i've almost put some of it on here. i've typed stuff at home and saved it on my little usb drive with intentions of sharing it, but when i start to upload it, i decide against it. there've also been several times when i sat down and started writing in this little "compose" window and i just stop half way through and log out. i guess i'm feeling more and more like i have less and less to say. i wonder if that makes any sense. i used to view this little offramp of the information superhighway as a spot where i could say fancy things and make people think that i am fancy as well. then i would be revered among my peers for my wonderful insights into life and western culture and all that. now most often, i find myself with nothing to say. there are a few friends blogs that i read... they are listed to the right of this, and there are a few that i like a lot that aren't (Susan's, DS in Southside's, Under the Mountain, and a couple others... sorry I haven't added them yet guys), and i enjoy reading what they have to say. i've found few others that are genuine. my granny asked me if id come and teach her sunday school class one day. all i could think was, "what would i have to tell them?" i was laying in bed the night after i was asked to do the sunday school thing thinking, "this time last year i was preparing to talk to a room full of college kids about Gospel Centered Community. im not sure what i'd do if they asked me to come back.

on a different note, i'll be one quarter of a century old tomorrow. so far i have a high-minded scholarly book (that my sis gave me) that makes me feel smarter just by owning it, an X-Men dvd, which serves as ballast, two hamburgers and a little less than half an apple pie to show for this accomplishment of making it one more year.

5 comments:

susan said...

Happy Birthday!!

I love to read your writings. I don't think you are fancy and that is a compliment. You're smart though. And wise and that is better than fancy. I'm glad I know you.

Su

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. I check your blog out even when you don't write anything new [just in case my rss isn't working correctly]!

jeff said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!
I'd have to agree with susan and gene, that i enjoy reading your thoughts(not like a psychic,you know) and often check everyone's blog to see if they have written anything new.
I haven't had much to say lately, and my brain doesn't seem to be as consumed with writing or thinking creatively, honestly I miss writing, but like you I find myself beginning to write and usually end of leaving it alone. But, I think that I may put a book review on my blog about modern day slavery, because I have to write it anyways and I think it is an interesting book.

David said...

Happy Belaated Jason...Ive been out of the blog loop for a while. Not sure if I'm back fully, but we should talk soon. Much more personal that way. Anyway, well to the "quarter-life crisis" LOL

Amit said...

Happy Belated Birthday!