Sunday, February 17, 2008

News

So... I decided a few months ago to start applying for jobs all over the place to see what would happen. I applied for jobs in Atlanta, L.A., Santa Monica, Chicago and New York. I even applied for one in Kansas City. I got good responses from a good number of the companies; even felt about 90% sure that I'd be moving to Santa Monica. But that fell through. About a week after that I made up my mind; if I haven't gotten a job offer by the time my lease runs out, July 1st, I'm going to up and move somewhere.

I've always wanted to live in NYC so I figured I'd move that direction first and if nothing turned up, then I'd move west. Also since last summer when Gene and Laura moved to Philadelphia they've told me that if I ever want to move up that way, I could stay with them till I got on my feet. So I called Gene and talked about this idea I had of moving to New England and trying to find work in NYC. He and Laura graciously told me I could stay with them while I tried my hand in the New York market.

Well, a couple days after that I found two job postings for a motion design house in Philadelphia. I applied. Within 3o minutes of applying I got a response email. About a week after that email I had a phone interview. About 2 hours after that phone interview I had a plane ticket. So now in about 4 days I'll be flying up to talk with Blue to see if they think I can cut it in the city of brotherly love. I hope I can. Here's a little of what I've been up to since becoming a blog-recluse. Hopefully a website will be coming soon as well.




Jason Harmon Demo v 2.0 from Jason Harmon on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Rick said...

I know I'm the last person you thought you'd hear from because I haven't blogged in over a year...

Whatever you do, you can't say goodbye without a goodbye gathering. Seems like you're doing a great job with your career. Hope all goes well.

Rick said...

The video was awesome by the way. I noticed you were in it a couple of times.

Anonymous said...

jason, that's exciting. living in philly would be great, even if you had to live with gene. :)
btw, your video looks great.

Anonymous said...

hey, its been a long time.
i'm glad that you're branching out and leaving the ham. you've always been so ahead of the culture there, and its exciting to think of you getting to go somewhere and try out new things and meet new people. also, the opportunities sound real great, and as always you're ideas are creative and provoking. i visited the site, and i really liked the song. i posted the video and lyrics on my blog.

Angie Davis said...

Jason that is great news. I am excited for you! Keep us posted.