Tuesday, February 17, 2009

sweet metal...

so its been a pretty metal kind of week for me. First I find out that the pastor of my new church digs metal... that's awesome. Then my buddy Allen points me to the new Lamb of God album... awesome. Then me unbelievable girlfriend gives me the gift of metal for Valentines day... she got me a photo book of a bunch of Norwegian black metal bands. (she said since it had blood on it, it would be an appropriate Valentines day gift... she rules.) THEN... talking to Allen again asking about other bands he tells me about Rosetta. Who I quickly find out are from Philly... and are playing the same night that I found out about them in Fishtown. And here's where it gets better. Jeremy a guy I work with told me a while back about a friend of his that does the visuals for Neurosis, then played with Red Sparowes, then started his own band called, A Storm of Light... which happens to be the band that Rosetta was opening for. Needless to say, awesome show. Here are some pics. I also had a killer time right before the show helping Haley sew a pillow... and as good as the show was I think I would have enjoyed continuing to sew even more.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

metal...

SK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SK said...

that's an amazing venue. what is it?

Jason Harmon said...

it's the Kung-Fu Necktie. the place is really great.
Thompson and Front in Fishtown.