Sunday, February 04, 2007

another update...

over the past week I've become aware, once again, of how fortunate I am to have the friends that I do. life's been a bit of a bummer for me lately. when Im in a funk like that, its a sho-nuff funk, and I tend to stay there feeling sorry for myself for a while. but the past week in particular my friends have been a great help in the unfunking process, and Im really thankful for that. one of the most exciting parts about it for me though is that in addition to my tried and true group of buddies, some of the unfunkers haven't been the usual suspects. one guy in particular, a 60-year-old co-worker, has been a great surprise. also old friends have entered again and I remember why I love them. it seems that just when I have decided that Ive been forgotten, Im shown that Im remembered. thats comforting.

on a side note for anyone who hasn't seen me in the last month... Im rockin a beard now.

till next month...

7 comments:

susan said...

We are so grateful to have you as a friend.

Su

jeff said...

tru dat!

Renee said...

beard? sweet! if you haven't heard matt, rob and I are having a b-day party on saturday at matt's house- don't know if you knew, we want you to be there!

Amanda said...

You are rockin' that beard like a lumberjack. Makes me want to grow one.

I was going to say something about "unfunking," but everything I came up with just sounded dirty. I'll just say that I agree with Susan.

Jason Harmon said...

susan (and david who seems implied by the "we")... ditto.

jeff... ditto

renee... i did hear about the party and am glad that i am now invited

amanda... thanks for keepn it pg up in here

Ginny said...

I heart Gayson. I'm glad you are in my life.

Jessica said...

a beard? what happened to the patch of chin plumage that i was so fond of? it's ok, i like you for more than your plumage.