Saturday, January 24, 2009

do these things happen to anyone else?

Bored today... thus the multiple posts. I met my buddy Matt (he's the guy on the cover of that magazine) for some coffee in Center City today. It was fairly nice out so I walked up. After hanging out / running errands with him for a few hours we parted ways at 15th and Chestnut. I decided I'd walk down 15th to Federal or so then cross over to get to my place. This seemingly random parting point for Matt and I turned into two very odd occurrences for me on my walk home.

#1. In front of McGlinchey's (Philly's #1 dive bar) I walk right pass a guy in a tuxedo. Full on tails and white bow tie. As I pass I think, "look at that guy, who in the world would be here wearing that." Then I realize that its my friend Ben. I was too far past him to yell, but I know for sure it was him. When I got home I sent him a message on facebook and I saw a status update from earlier to day, "Ben is all tuxedoed up." So weird.

#2. A girl I work with had her car "stolen" over the weekend. She'd parked her car around 13th and Pine and went back to get it and it was gone. There was a no parking sign so she thought it might have gotten towed. She called around and no one had it in their lot. The police were no help, they told her it had probably been stolen and there was basically nothing they were going to do about it. They did tell her that on occasion if people are parked in places with temporary no parking signs posted their cars are towed away and left on a different street... usually within a 3 to 4 block radius. She bought a new car this past Thursday I think, after she'd given up hope of finding her old Corrolla with a Ron Paul sticker on it. On 15th Street between Carpenter and Washington I found her Corrolla with a Ron Paul sticker on it. (almost a mile from where she'd parked) I called her an told her where it was... she was astounded... as was I.

Bizzarro-ville. Do these things happen to anyone else?? What are the chances?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

both of those exact things happened to me today. it's a crazy world.

Jason Harmon said...

why do you hate me so much casey patton??

carolyn said...

jason. i wish i could tell you how many ridiculous things happen to me on a daily basis. in fact saturday was the most bizaro day ever...in fact you have motivated me to post about it...ill do that soon.

susan said...

You must have gotten some kind of mutated lucky-bug from Haley.