Thursday, January 15, 2009

traveling to nyc?

Here are a couple legit things I learned on my latest trip to nyc.

1. Bolt-Bus on Tuesday night rules. I paid $10 and arrived in midtown in two hours.
I'm almost positive there is no possible way to get there cheaper. If I had driven, the tolls would have cost more. The train costs $35 more at best and is only about 40 minutes faster. (but because of how the schedule worked out I actually only got there 20 minutes later than the train would have gotten me there.)

2. iPhone & Google maps is the smartest public transit navigator that I'll ever be able to fit inside my pocket. We had no clue what we were going to do... and little clue how to get there and we did things and got there fairly easily. We also had no idea how to get to JFK from where ever we might end up that day... but we did that too. And with my iPhone I was able to make it from JFK back to Penn Station all by myself in time to catch my train back to Philly.

That's about it.

No comments: