Saturday, January 17, 2009

a networking genius??

I just might be.

A guy I work with has been telling me about how nice it's been since getting an XBox 360 and Xbox live. He mostly uses it to watch streaming Netflix movies. I used to have XBox live, but since moving into the new apartment I cancelled my membership because of how inconvenient it was going to be to network my XBox. My router is all the way down the hall where my desktop computer (which I use as a media server) is so I can't move it. I didn't want to run a 150ft cable down the hall either. So I figured out how to use my laptop as a wireless receiver and boost a wired connection from it to the XBox. It's working splendidly so far and I've enjoyed watching two episodes of 30 Rock. When Haley gets back I'll enjoy "Man on a Wire" with subtitles. It was tough to understand the first time since half of it was in French and the rip I had of it didn't include subtitles. Soon I'll also enjoy getting my butt handed to me by some 12 year olds in Halo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you probably like getting your butt handed to you by 12 year old. sicko.

and man on wire is definitely better with subtitles.