Thursday, January 22, 2009

oh-ba-ma!!!

I'm an Obama man, don't misunderstand me... but I've been pretty uncomfortable with all the hoopla the last week. Giant concerts... dramatic orations by celebrities with full symphony accompaniment... multiple gallery exhibitions with massive bodies of work. It's just been a little odd. He's got to be the most well marked man (or perhaps most well marketed idea) that I'll see in my lifetime. And I suppose that's ok... he seems to be a man worth marketing.

I saw these today. (from fffound.com originally here) I like the absurdity of them. I don't want to come across cynical, I love what Obama has said he stands for and I'm hopeful that he really means it.





4 comments:

katie said...

oh my gosh. my boys will think those are awesome! they totally believe the hype!!

Anonymous said...

i just ordered the whole set! they threw in a sham-wow!

Paige said...

Can you believe I have a guy that works as my parapro in my classroom that went to high school with Obama??? he is in the basketball team picture with him! How crazy is that. He has always been die hard republican but he said he really trust Obama because he knows his personality. It's so cool because his yearbook was signed by him and he has been to his grandparents house. You should hear some of the cool stories..
I'm not ashamed..I am an Obama girl.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. All this Messianic talk is creepy. Even if he's the best President ever, he ain't the savior. It's just really odd to see the American people worship someone in this way. And scary. Worshipping your leader, thinking they are the Savior -- historically, haven't these been precursors to some really bad stuff? (I'm thinking of Hitler, Castro, etc.). I don't think we're going down that road, but the hallmark American cynicism keeps our politicans on their toes. Guess I'll just have to pick up the slack for the rest of the country. Fortunately, I've been training for this my whole life - I think I'm up for it.